RULES PRIZE COMPOSITION HABANERAS “MANUEL PARADA” – 2021
1. OBJECT. Convene a prize of composition of works of habaneras, to enrich the archive of scores of the Board.
2. CREDITO PRESUPUESTARIO.
2.1.The maximum expenditure will be charged to the 2021 budget.
1. The Municipal Board of the International Habaneras and Polyphony Contest of Torrevieja in the spirit of promoting the composition of new habaneras, announces the Habaneras Composition Award “Manuel Parada” – 2021.
2. They may opt for it, all national and foreign composers who wish, adopting for their works the form of habanera, with Spanish text, 2/4 beat and black rhythmic value equal to approximately sixty beats.
These works will be sent by certified mail to the Municipal Board of the International Habaneras and Polyphony Contest, located at C/ Patricio Pérez nº 1, 1º C -03181 Torrevieja (Alicante).
The compositions must be unpublished and expressly composed for this contest. The Board may, exceptionally, authorize the public interpretation of these works before their premiere at the Contest, if deemed necessary.
3. The compositions will be presented in a version for SATB, TTBB, SSAA, necessarily attaching, together with the printed copies, a disc with the compositions in computer support with the extension .mus (Finale format) and midi format.
4. The period of admission of the works will end on May 31, 2021, the presentation of the materials being essential with the title of the work but without the names of the authors. In a separate sealed envelope, the identity, postal address, email, phone numbers of the authors of the work, bank account number and curriculum vitae, as well as the title of the same will appear. Write on the outside of the envelope only the title of the work.
5. The Technical Technical Commission of the Municipal Board of International Habaneras and Polyphony Contest, will examine all the compositions presented, which are adjusted in time and form and will award the prize to the best qualified, failing the prize before the start of the 66th edition of the International Habaneras and Polyphony Contest of Torrevieja.
6. The prize may be deserted if the organization considers it.
7. The Habaneras Composition Prize “Manuel Parada” will be endowed with 3,000.-euros and diploma, giving it in an act scheduled by the Municipal Board of the International Habaneras and Polyphony Competition. The amount of the prize will be paid to its winner or winners once the taxes and withholdings established in the current legislation have been deducted.
8. The Board will have all the rights over the winning work, for use in our Choral Contests, both in its edition, publication or dissemination, and the author may not make any claim in this regard.
9. In the event that the prize-winning work was selected by the Board, in order to be of mandatory interpretation, the musical technical commission may request the composer to adapt the work to the characteristics required in the Contest.
10. The works submitted to the contest will not be returned, remaining in the possession of the Board of the International Habaneras and Polyphony Contest of Torrevieja. These works may be disseminated for the use of said Contest, unless expressly requested by the author, who must communicate it in writing, no later than two months after the jury’s decision.
11. Participation in this contest implies acceptance of these rules.
12. The Board will resolve any question that may arise in the interpretation of these rules.