RULES 25th TORREVIEJA JUNIOR CHORAL CONTEST HABANERAS
April, 6 – 2019
Youth choir competition, singing habaneras in the competition phase.
- BUDGET CREDIT
2.1. The maximum expense will be 6,000, euros charged to the 2019 budget.
2.2. The expense will be charged to the budgetary application 331-48903 of the 2019 Budget and is conditioned to the existence of adequate and sufficient credit at the time of the resolution of the concession.
2.3. A future expenditure commitment document with number 2019.2.0000003.000 has been issued.
- ABOUT THE PARTICIPANTS.
3.1. The Municipal Commission of the International Habaneras and Polyphony Contest of Torrevieja announces the 25th TORREVIEJA INTERNATIONAL CHORAL CONTEST HABANERAS with the aim of promoting and spreading the habanera tradition amongst the young singers.
3.2. In order to participate, all choral groups must have a majority of members that were born in 2001 or earlier.
3.3. The “Organisers” (Patronato Municipal del Certamen Internacional de Habaneras y Polifonía) shall establish the number of choirs that are to perform each day and the total number of contestants.
- ABOUT COMPOSITIONS TO INTERPRET.
4.1. Every choral group must perform three habaneras with text in Spanish. There will be one compulsory piece for every group, another will be a piece from the international repertoire or from their region of origin and lastly, one of free choice. Present to the organization three or more titles of habaneras, with order of preference.
4.2. The Technical Department of the Contest will select two habaneras of free choice, attending the criteria of no repetitiveness. All habaneras must be 2/4 time signatures and the quarter of note value to 60 approximately. In order to avoid repetition, participants should propose four titles to the “Organisers”, in order of preference.
4.3. The order of the programme for each participant will be as follows:
1.- Compulsory Habanera.
2.- Habanera of free election
3.- Habanera of free election
4.- Choral work of free election
4.4. Compulsory score will be on the web of the Habaneras (www.habaneras.org) , from the publication of these rules..
4.5. The difficulty of works of free election will be taken into account.
4.6. Compulsory work, must be sign “a capella”, and free works can go accompanied by instruments(contributed by participants), putting in the scores. The “Organisers” place the piano, if it is ordered.
- ABOUT THE INSCRIPTIONS AND PERFORMANCES.
5.1. The entrance period will be open until the 18th of January 2019.
5.2. The entry form is available on the following web-site http://www.habaneras.org and can be completed and sent “on line”, sending original documents by post.
5.3. If entry form is posted, please send to the following address:
Patronato de Habaneras
Calle: Patricio Pérez n.º 1, 1ºC
CP: 03181 TORREVIEJA (España)
5.4. With the inscription you must add by email or post, the documents are ordered on the appendix, and also the scores of works.
6.1. The awards of this concert are the following: FIRST PLACE: 3.000 € and trophy.
SECOND PLACE: 2.000 € and trophy. THIRD PLACE: 1.000 € and trophy.
6.2. The jury may declare Awards “ex aequo” (shared), if examined scores will produce a tie between choirs in some of the awards.
- FINAL REMARKS.
- a) The participation in the 25th TORREVIEJA JUNIOR CHORAL CONTEST HABANERAS means the acceptance of all its rules.
- b) The Municipal Commission of the Contest will pay a travel allowance of 300 euros, to all the choral groups whose place of origin is less than 100 kilometres from T This does not specify whether they have to stay the night in this city.
- c) The Municipal Commission of the Contest will pay a travel allowance of 1,80 euros for every kilometre travelled to all those choral groups whose place of origin is between 100 and 200 kilometres from T This does not specify whether they have to stay the night in this city.
- d) The Commission will also award one-day accommodation at full board to all members of the participating national choral groups who have the place of origin between 200 and 500 kilometres from T At the same time, they will pay 1,20 euro per every travelled kilometre with maxim 1.000 km.
- e) The Commission will award two days of accommodation at full board to those members of participating choral groups whose place of origin is between 500 and 000 kilometres from the City of Torrevieja. Both of these groups will also be paid 1,20 euro for every kilometre they have travelled in accordance with the previously established distances.
- f) All choral groups that arrive from the Canary Islands, the Balearics, Ceuta and Melilla will be given three days lodging at full board.Both of these groups will also be paid 1,20 euro for every kilometre they have travelled in accordance with the previously established distances. For the foreign choral groups, the Technical Commission will determine the amount of accommodation days (maximum of three) at full board, in relation to the travelled distance from their country of origin to our city.
- g) The accommodation granted to the contestants as mentioned above in sections d, e, f, g, shall consist of stays in hotels, that have been selected by the “Organisers” for this purpose, in rooms with 3 and 4 beds. A supplement will be required for rooms with 2 The Board will accommodate up to 40 singers (including musical conductor) for each participating group. Payment for any additional persons should be made direct to the hotel.
- h) If the Commission decides to proceed towards the production of a musical edition of the Contest for its broadcasting and promotion; the participating choral groups will accept such a decision and will not be able to claim remuneration.
- i) The jury, that will be composed of personalities with musical prestige, will be designated by the
Commission of the Contest. The decision of the Jury is final.
- j) The choral groups will have to pay a 150 euros deposit as a guarantee of their performance at the
Contest. The deposit or transfer will be made to:
Banco de Sabadell de Torrevieja,
IBAN: ES94 0081 1461 1000 0100 4906. SWIFT: BSABESBB
The deposit will be returned to each group once their participation in the Contest has ended.
- k) The cash prizes will be paid to the winners once all the tax has been discounted as is established by law. l) The Commission will resolve any questions that may crop up in the interpretation of these rules.
Contact information: Head secretary:
Miguel Albentosa Ruiz
Phone: 00+34 966 707 715
Musical Technichal Comission: firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents to send to do the inscription:
- Maintenance card
- Present curriculum of the choir.
- Present curriculum of the conductor.
- Recent audio / Video recording.
- Scores of 3 free habaneras.
- Scores of free polyphony.
- Translation of polyphony, if it is not in Spanish. Dowload Maintenance card
- 18th of January of 2019: time limit of inscription and sending of documents (inscription, curriculum choir and conductor, audio / Video recording, scores). After this date the Patronato will comunicate selected choirs and their repertoires.
- From 1st of 4th of March of 2019: confirmation of the order to interpretation of free songs, without admitting modifications after. They must be song in establised order in the oficial programme.
- 20th of March of 2019: Any mmisprint on the sending scores must be comunicated before this date.